Mammy's Pork and Sauerkraut roast
- pork roast
- 1 large can or 3-4 small cans of sauerkraut
- 6 cloves garlic
This is how my Dad taught me.
- Rinse the sauer out of the kraut.
- Your done rinsing it when it doesn't taste sauer.
- Get about sprig of garlic and peel depending on how strong you want it to be. I used 6 cloves.
- Put olive oil in a pot or frying pan to brown up the garlic and you can either dice it or slice it. Take garlic out when golden brown.
- Take the garlic out and put the pork in and let it brown on all sides. Season, until it feels right, with salt, pepper, and oregano. Garlic powder is optional depending on your preference for the flavor.
- Add and sauerkraut pork to the pot.
- Cook for 8 hours on low.