- olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 young nasturtium leaves (experimental/optional, I added 4 leaves. Would need more to impact flavour)
- 4 caper berries (optional)
- capers 1 tbsp
- freshly ground black pepper 1 tsp
- 500g smoked salmon pieces (could probably use less)
- chopped coriander (cilantro) 2 tbsp (I used 3 small plants roots and all)
- 1 cup spinach (I used native NZ spinach)
- a bell pepper, chopped and lightly charred
- 5 cloves fresh garlic
- 900g (2lb) linguine pasta
Heat a pot of water for the linguine.
Meanwhile, add oil to pan, heat, then add salmon and cook for about one minute. Add garlic, black pepper, capers, caper berries, nasturtium leaves, coriander and white wine. Cook for a further minute. Then add spinach and lemon juice.
Once water has boiled add linguine and cook for the prescribed time.
Five minutes before linguine is ready add bell pepper to the pan.
Drain Linguine. To serve, plate linguine the place salmon sauce on top.